Posted on: 23 Oct, 2023
Job Title: Technical Director (01 Post)
Reports To: Executive Director
Summary of Position
The Technical Director will be responsible for overseeing the management and technical operations of the Organization to ensure the achievement of results as per program goals, objectives, and plans. Under the supervision, guidance, and support of the Executive Director of PASADA, the Program team, and other stakeholders. The Technical Director will coordinate the provision of technical services and harmonize efforts and integration between key program areas and technical units. S/He shall oversee program planning, monitoring, and evaluation to ensure that measurable outcomes are attained; and facilitate regular internal technical meetings with program staff to discuss the progress of the programs, challenges and formulate implementable solutions, s/he will set a positive tone for the entire program and inspire staff to apply results-based approaches for timely delivery of services to the clients PASADA serves.
Duties and responsibilities:
· Provide leadership for the implementation of the program’s overall technical strategy and approach!
· Plan, coordinate, and organize technical assistance assignments: identify and negotiate with Site Administrators for technical assistance assignments, conduct briefings, develop, and review scopes of work, and liaise with Satellite sites and other diocesan health facilities.
· Develop and facilitate delivery of innovative activities and evidence-based approaches for program partners aimed at improving desirable HIV-related outcomes in project areas, including the identification of appropriate trainers and curricula development and use of relevant methodologies, standard operating procedures, mentorship guides and tools; supportive supervision, on-going mentoring and overseeing the successful implementation of corrective action; cross-organizational learning between PASADA including innovative use of information communication technology (ICT).
· Provide technical inputs into program activities, including activity design, work planning, and implementation in coordination with the Deputy Director (Clinical Services) and other technical staff.
· Ensure that program activities reflect best practices, including Tanzania AIDS service provision guidelines, SOPs, PEPFAR, UNAIDS, and World Health Organization (WHO) guidelines.
· Ensure all activity reports reaches the Executive Director’s office before the stipulated deadline.
· Ensure there is harmonious efforts that reinforce collaboration with other departments.
· Ensure department staff respect and follow all work ethics. This is not limited to; punctuality, filling of timesheets and absence from workplace as stated in in the employee work contract.
· Work within collaboration with heads of TB, PMTCT, Laboratory, Data, Reception, Pharmacy, X-ray HTS, M&E and Outreach Sections toward achieving departmental and organization goals.
· Ensure departmental action and Leave Plan is followed accordingly.
· Ensure financial requisitions related to the department are followed.
· Advise the Executive Director of PASADA on new ideas and technology changes that may have impact in daily clinical work.
· Ensure quality of care is offered according to PASADA standard operating procedure. This is not limited to proper diagnoses, Laboratory investigations, medication, follow up and education to clients.
· Transcribe the PASADA-Clinical standard operating procedures and ensure the documents are periodically updated.
· Coordinate and monitor professional development through CME and other formal trainings.
· Address and respond technical queries from donors, government, and stakeholders.
· Prepare reports on the program for Management, donors, and stakeholders including weekly, monthly, quarterly, semiannual, and annual progress reports.
· Coordinate clinical mentorship activities for staff in ART, PMTCT and TB Programs
· Provide technical quality assurance through training, mentorship, technical support, and capacity building.
· Develop and maintain strong relationships with central government, local government authorities, and private sector stakeholders.
· Ensure that PASADA provides high quality technical assistance and capacity development to other local partners and program stakeholders; conduct regular monitoring and mentoring visits to Satellite sites and other diocesan health facilities.
· Ensure the incorporation of evidence-based best practices, and local and global technical guidance into the program’s capacity building strategy and operational plan.
· Lead staff in the development and implementation of technical capacity assessments and technical capacity building processes to ensure high quality, sustainable combination HIV prevention, and linkage, care, and treatment services for clients accessing services at PASADA sites.
· Work with Data and M&E staff to design and finalize a program performance monitoring plan; evaluate and document key program outcomes and best practices and adapt program work plans in line with program evidence and ensure incorporation of lessons learned into ongoing activity.
· Support the development and monitoring of annual work plans.
· Share responsibility with the Executive Director in backstopping and leading technical teams
· Represent PASADA in meetings with government officials and other stakeholders as directed by the Executive Director.
· Prepare reports and papers summarizing program results; and
· Supervise and mentor technical staff!
· Participate in resource mobilization/business development activities such as proposal development, literature reviews, surveys, research lobbying and fundraising for the organization.
· Perform any other related activity as directed from time to time by the Executive Director.
Required skills and qualifications.
· Advanced degree (Master of Public Health and bachelor’s degree related to health, sociology, or social sciences).
· Seven years or more of demonstrated experience working in HIV/AIDS prevention, care, or treatment programs; four of those years shall be experience in the provision of technical assistance, training management or a closely associated position.
· Comprehensive knowledge and experience concerning HIV prevention, care, and treatment programs.
· Thorough understanding of relevant Government of Tanzania policies and regulations, how government operates, and a keen understanding of local development activities.
· Demonstrated experience in project work planning, reporting, monitoring, and evaluation.
· Strong oral and written communication skills.
Fluency in Swahili and English.
Job Application Procedure:
Please send your application letter along with the updated curriculum vitae (CV) in one document to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your CV, please indicate three reputable referees. Send your application before 06th November 2023.
The application letter should be addressed to.
The PASADA Executive Director
P. O. Box 70225
DAR ES SALAAM, Tanzania.
PASADA advocates and upholds the principle of equal opportunity for all and does not discriminate in its shortlisting, selection, or employment practices that are based on race, creed, sexual orientation, religious basis, sex, nationality, political affiliation, gender bases, marital status, inability or disability, or any other form which does not constitute merits.