Posted on: 23 Oct, 2023
Job Title: Data Manager (01 Post)
Reports To: Technical Director
Summary of Position
To assist the program's strategic information section in HIV Care and treatment for community and facility services in strengthening HIV monitoring and evaluation systems. Ensuring that all activities meet the highest standards through the provision of strategic information that will inform the right direction of the program. She/He will support HIV services teams focused on routine implementation of M&E strategies including data collection, assessing quality assurance, and associated structures.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Support teams in timely, accurate, and appropriate reporting of program activities and results to the program management team, Donor, and other stakeholders as required.
· Collaborate with project teams to design and implement M &E systems to collect. Manage and disseminate data by reporting towards the program objectives.
· Ensure that routine collected data summaries are available in a timely manner and in user-friendly format.
· for regular use in program monitoring
· Ensure electronic systems and other tools are in place to manage and disseminate program data from
· Health facilities at the National level
· Ensure timely and complete data entry from paper sources to electronic sources.
· Review completed paper-based tools and compare electronic data entries with source documents on a regular basis to verify the accuracy of data and make corrections as needed.
· Ensure the client’s information is entered in the National care and treatment database.
· Monitoring and Evaluation on an individual basis the patient’s progress who are on ART, and those who are eligible for Anti-Retroviral therapy.
· Oversee the whole process of data management and reporting at all levels (ensure the flow of reports from outreach sites to district offices and PASADA main offices, analysis, storage, report writing, and submission of report to donors and other PASADA stockholders)
· Capacity building on data management, Monitoring, and Evaluation through training and mentorship, coaching, supportive supervision, and routine data quality assessment
· Capacity building of Data officers who are doing data entry at each facility.
· To ensure all National tools for data management are available and properly used.
· Ensure quality data collection.
· Preparation and coordination of training to PASADA health care workers on the updates for National Monitoring and Evaluation tools.
· Ensure good coordination of the activities that the data entry staff are performing, work accurately, and follow the data management SOP and guidelines.
· Supportive supervision of PASADA facilities in collaboration with R/CHMTS
· Attending different meetings, trainings, and workshops on data management, monitoring, and evaluation at District, Regional, and National levels to improve the quality of data and reporting system at the organization.
· Ensure data and patient information are of good quality by performing data cleaning and triangulation.
· Data collection, Compilation, analysis, storage, and report writing on daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, and annual, preparation of PowerPoint presentation reports and report dissemination to different stakeholders.
· Ensure staff teamwork at care and treatment clinics to facilitate proper documentation.
· To ensure a harmonious and cordial relationship
· To keep safely and in good use all other properties and assets of PASADA entrusted to you.
· To respect and keep the ethical values of the Archdiocese of Dar Es Salaam and the code of conduct of PASADA.
· Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Required skills and qualifications.
· Bachelor’s degree in informatics, Biostatistics, Statistics, ICT, Demography, sociology, or equivalent education
· Experience with managing large data projects, including integrating and analyzing multiple datasets and developing customized reporting.
· Must be able to use Windows, MS Office, PowerPoint, and Excel as well as statistical.
· Analytical packages and data manipulation.
· Experience with business intelligence visualization software like PowerPoint.
· Experience using messy data to mine relevant insights to improve program performance.
· At least 5 years of experience in data analytics of public health data, including HIV and TB-related data.
· At least 5 years of progressive responsibility in managing teams and projects.
· Experience creating compelling and meaningful visualization and reports displaying.
· Program, health quality, and cost information for a wide range of audiences, including health providers, implementers, and executive management.
Job Application Procedure:
Please send your application letter along with the updated curriculum vitae (CV) in one document to email@example.com. In your CV, please indicate three reputable referees. Send your application before 06th November 2023.
The application letter should be addressed to.
The PASADA Executive Director
P. O. Box 70225
DAR ES SALAAM, Tanzania.
PASADA advocates and upholds the principle of equal opportunity for all and does not discriminate in its shortlisting, selection, or employment practices that are based on race, creed, sexual orientation, religious basis, sex, nationality, political affiliation, gender bases, marital status, inability or disability, or any other form which does not constitute merits.