Posted on: 23 Oct, 2023
Job Title: Administration Officer (01 Post)
Reports To: HR and Administration Manager
Summary of Position
The Administrative Officer will be responsible for providing general administrative coordination support to PASADA under the direction of the HR and Administration Manager. S/He will perform a combination of routines: Administration and logistics support functions, coordination of travel for head office and field staff, consolidation of fleet management reports, coordination of vehicle maintenance logs, and management of inventory.
- Responsible for the overall maintenance of all PASADA premises including supervision of the office support staff making sure they perform up to the standards expected of each position.
- Assist the HR and Administration Manager to ensure that maintenance and repairs are done in compliance with applicable regulations and according to specifications of building owners; maintains appropriate maintenance records including supervision of contractors as directed by the HR and Administration Manager.
- Maintains fire alarm and burglar alarm systems (as appropriate) in good working order.
- Establishes a system to make regular health and safety inspections of all sites and to quickly resolve identified site issues, including the safety of grounds, parking lots, and other areas used by PASADA staff.
- Supervise and coordinate the vehicle logistical scheduling. Ensure vehicles are maintained and repaired in good time. Review all vehicle logs and fuel log for vehicles at the PASADA.
- Ensure appropriate allocation and safe use of vehicles and ensure servicing and maintenance schedules are adhered to.
- Manage the PASADA vehicle fleet management system in line with PASADA policies and procedures to ensure accountable and efficient use of all PASADA vehicles.
- Provide monthly vehicle management reports for all PASADA vehicles.
- Ensures that the correct procedures are followed for issuance of property, stationery, and assignment of items to officers and ensures that property custody receipts are issued to staff removing equipment from the office and monitors the location of all PASADA property. For incoming equipment, ensure that it is tagged, and recorded and that the inventory database is updated by the PASADA project and Partners.
- Initiate payments for Communication, Security, and Utilities and submit to Finance for processing of payment.
- Manage all the visits for other PASADA staff visiting the fields or traveling for business including hotel bookings, Invitations, and transport while in the field.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- Minimum of a University degree in Administration, a Higher Diploma in Business Administration.
- At least 3 years’ experience in the NGO sector within Tanzania in office administration, and a good understanding of asset management and procurement processes specifically dealing with procurement of vehicle maintenance.
- Excellent knowledge of the administration of donor-funded projects such as USAID, and Other Donors
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Customer service-oriented individual with the ability to deal with staff and service providers.
- A dedicated team player with good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently in a high-profile, fast-paced, and multi-tasked environment.
be able to demonstrate highly effective communication skills, both written
and spoken in both English and Kiswahili
Job Application Procedure:
Please send your application letter along with the updated curriculum vitae (CV) in one document to email@example.com. In your CV, please indicate three reputable referees. Send your application before 06th November 2023.
The application letter should be addressed to.
The PASADA Executive Director
P. O. Box 70225
DAR ES SALAAM, Tanzania.
PASADA advocates and upholds the principle of equal opportunity for all and does not discriminate in its shortlisting, selection, or employment practices that are based on race, creed, sexual orientation, religious basis, sex, nationality, political affiliation, gender bases, marital status, inability or disability, or any other form which does not constitute merits.